Tuesday, November 30, 2010

1440 Minutes

Forget 525600 minutes, I'm just trying to figure out how to measure a day. I was trying to figure out how to describe when my day starts. Or when it ends. It seems like such a simple question, but I haven't found a simple answer. Does it start at 4am or whenever I first wake up after midnight to feed the kid? Or does it start at 7am when we get up for the day? Does it end when I get home from work? Or is that when my day really starts since that's when I get to spend some real quality time with the kiddo? The kid has taught me that life isn't really accurately measured in days or months or years, but rather in moments. Some moments seem unbearable. And then a smile. Or a laugh. Or a peacefully sleeping baby. Those are the moments that make the unbearable bearable again. And make it all so worth it.

2 comments: